Thursday, February 28, 2019

This morning I awoke to roosters and the always present barking of at least a half dozen dogs. Its music to my ears because of my love for Guatemala. Its like no other place I've known. As I stagger down the stairs to the team room I am awed by the beauty of the sunrise beyond the volcano's.

The Lord has provided another perfect working day for us. After breakfast and devotions we all go back to our assigned work positions. At the end of the work day most all cabinet fabrication is complete and final touches of paint are drying.




The drywall sanding in the new Sensory room is done and painting begins. We also finished the enclosures around new water heaters behind the staff house. After a good day of work I get to the favorite part of my day, the part were I play soccer and basketball with Oasis girls. The constant laughter from the girls does my heart good.

Delicious dinner with the Casa Ester girls
In the evening we are invited to Casa Ester for what will be my first baby shower. After surprising the guest of honor we are informed we will be playing games. Little did I know that 2 team members would be selected to be dressed up and made to act like babies. I was fortunate to be nominated as our teams infant. The pictures will say it all. We also got a briefing on the current and future state of Casa Ester from the director. It sounds like they are desperate to expand this facility due to future need. I saw several girls I had not seen in a couple of years and met several new girls as well. I see God moving here in a big way. I will take what's left of my dignity and go now.
Caleb & Kory selected to be dressed up as babies, with the expectant Mom/Director

Kory

No comments:

Post a Comment